It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy components from another project area

Swat Oon Kwee (611125) | asked Feb 10 '11, 8:56 a.m.
Hi

I have loaded 2 project areas to my eclipse workbench.

1. Could someone let me know how I can copy components from 1 project area to another?
2. Is it possible for 2 projects to share a component? That is, if a developer makes changes to files in ProjectA-StreamA-CoreComponent, ProjectB-StreamB-CoreComponent is also updated.
3. Is it possible to branch from projectA to projectB?

Thanks!

Regards,
Swat Oon

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 10 '11, 11:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I have loaded 2 project areas to my eclipse workbench.

1. Could someone let me know how I can copy components from 1 project area to another?
2. Is it possible for 2 projects to share a component? That is, if a developer makes changes to files in ProjectA-StreamA-CoreComponent, ProjectB-StreamB-CoreComponent is also updated.
3. Is it possible to branch from projectA to projectB?

Thanks!

Regards,
Swat Oon

You can add the same component to two different streams even though the streams are owned by different project areas. If you want the streams to stay in sync, you have to deliver changes to both streams. Otherwise, they will begin diverging as changes are delivered to one stream and not the other.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.