It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an easy way to move javascript for calculated values and conditions from one project to another?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked May 22 '19, 12:25 p.m.

My team has written numerous javascripts for calculated values and conditions on a test Jazz server.  We need to copy them into another project on another server.  In the configuration for the calculated values and conditions, there is an "Attachment Path" which is /workitem/scripts/common/yourscriptname.js .  Is there a place on the JTS or RTC servers where these javascript files reside?  Can they be easily copied to another server?  Or are they stored somewhere in the Jazz database (in our case, Oracle)?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered May 22 '19, 6:50 p.m.

In the Eclipse client, there is a button next to the script editor that lets you "Save As..." - this will save the scripts as a local copy that can then be loaded into other projects

Janet Charbonneau selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '19, 1:20 a.m. | edited May 23 '19, 1:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes. The Scripts are also stored as process attachment in the Project Areas process. The whole process can be extracted from the project area, exported and used in new project areas or shared.  

Janet Charbonneau commented May 23 '19, 9:09 a.m.

Thanks, Davyd.  That is exactly what I needed!  Ralph, thank you for letting me also know that it is included in the process when exported.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.