It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make project area updateable

Martin Geisler (21113) | asked Nov 15 '12, 9:41 a.m.

Hi,

i'm using RTC-SDK-3.0.1.1.zip in eclipse java environment to got a programming interface to the jazz repository.

I want update existing project area from latest process template where the project area derived from.

I'm using following interface to get information from connected team repository:

IProcessItemService.isProjectAreaUpdateable(myProjectArea, monitor)

This function should tells me whether myProjectArea is updateable(true) or not (false).

This function always returned false for my projectArea's.

So my question is:

How to make project areas updateable?

One answer

permanent link
Andrew Niefer (7135) | answered Nov 15 '12, 10:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Whether or not the project area is "updateable" is not a property of the project area itself.

There is an eclipse extension point " com.ibm.team.process.service.projectAreaUpdater ", a project area will be updateable if there exists a projectAreaUpdater that specifies that it updates the process template that matches the project area's IProjectArea.getProcessDefinition().getProcessId() .

This is the extent of my knowledge, it looks like whoever provides the process template will also need to provide an updater for it for a project that uses it to be updateable.

Comments
Martin Geisler commented Nov 15 '12, 11:27 a.m.

Hi Andrew,

thank you for the quick answer. But now i got further questions related to your comment.

How i can create a projectAreaUpdater for an specifc process template and how i can register it?  Does there any sample exist to create project area updater?

I assume that i must register the updater because the method below :

IProcessItemService  getUpdateableProjectAreas(...,...)

Returns all project areas in the array of projectAreaHandle for which there is a project area updater registered.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.