It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC 4.0.6 Importing .csv requirements, change delimiter character

Rogério Moreira (738) | asked Sep 23 '14, 12:12 p.m.
Hello,
To importing requirements via .csv files, RRC seems to be only capable of importing .csv that uses comma ( , ) as a delimiter? but do to a combination of regional settings and excel, everyone exports their .csv files from excel with semi-colon ( ; ) as delimiter. Therefore unable to import to RRC. 
Can i change from server side the delimiter used on the import?

Many thanks :)

I've already checked, no help :(  http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/SSWMEQ_4.0.6/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_csv_format.html 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 23 '14, 4:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is currently no support for delimiters other than a comma.  The help topic on CSV import points to RFC4180 on how the feature was implemented.  The RFC4180 article indicates there is no formal specification for a CSV file and goes on to say the article was written based on the common implementation.  But I don't think it's unreasonable to request support for other delimiters.  I'd suggest logging an enhancement to be considered for a future release.  I didn't see any existing ones out there.  Hope it helps,
Rogério Moreira selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rogério Moreira commented Sep 24 '14, 5:55 a.m.

Thank you, I will open an RFE. For non technical users that try to import their requirements this restriction is causing some problems, at least for the Portuguese systems the " ; " is set as default delimiter and I can guess that Brazil and Latin countries also use the same.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.