It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Repository imports and exports questions.

Dan Evans (392810) | asked Oct 18 '12, 2:08 p.m.
 Hi,

This is a general question about RRC import and Export I guess.  I'm currently defining a process around how we will import customer requirements into RRC.

As the customer requirements get changed I was wondering just how we keep our RRC repository up to date.  

If we import the whole set of requirements again and the import is smart enough to know if something changed?
     If we only have the set of new or changed requirements will RRC import realise the existing requirements and update them or import all the requirements as new. (I know the same question but slightly different context).

Another thing that may be on the horizon is that the Customer is thinking about RRC to manage their requirements.  Security is an issue so customer cannot use our instance of RRC directly and vice versa.  
Is there a notion between two separate RRC repository installations of a 'syncing' mechanism.  If so it may be a major plus for the customer to take it up.

I have looked around but haven't found anything of use.  

Any help or experiences would be gratefully received.

Dan.

Comments
Dan Evans commented Oct 18 '12, 2:57 p.m.

Just read the ReqIF import and export explanation and it doesn't support 'Round Trips' 

Is there any bespoke import method that would be smart enough to handle 'Round Trips'?  Or import newer versions of existing requirement artefacts?

Thanks,

Dan.

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Oct 18 '12, 3:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dan,

The application has no mechanism to refresh or sync data taken from another repository.  There are features to export and import new data (via ReqIF, CSV import or project templates), but as you mentioned that just creates new data.  It seems the best option would be to have your customer send a database backup so you could refresh your repository with their latest changes.  This of course assumes you are using the same database vendors (and OS, depending on the vendor), otherwise you can go the route of repotools-jts -export to get the data in a .tar format for you to import with repotools-jts -import.  Hope it helps,

permanent link
wolfgang steindl (2061011) | answered Oct 18 '12, 7:27 p.m.
You can give RRC 4.0.1 M4 Milestone a try.

Have a look at https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_reqif_format.html

Taken from
Collaborative Lifecycle Management 4.0.1 Online Help (in progress)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.