It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ReqIF file Export from DOORS V 9.6.1.8 and import into DOORS Next Generation V 6.0.5

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Feb 18 '19, 2:11 a.m.
edited Feb 18 '19, 2:13 a.m.

I have couple of projects into DOORS V 9.6.1.8. We are planning to use DNG for requirement tool and stop using DOORS. I have started exploring on different methods for migration of data form DOORS to DNG. I have started with ReqIF method and below are the issues with it.

1. Data type mapping from DOORS to DNG :  For the system data types and custom types in DOORS I have mapped URI in DNG. I have also created new data types when required and also mapped to URI in DOORS with DNG.
--> Problem : Whenever I import ReqIF file into DNG it's creating new Data type. It fails to map with configured data types at project area level and also at component level. It creates redundant data types in DNG. 
How to fix this issue?

2. Attribute mapping from DOORS to DNG :   For the system and custom attribute types in DOORS I have mapped URI in DOORS with that of attribute types in DNG. I have also created new attribute types when required and also mapped to URI in DOORS with DNG.
--> Problem : Whenever I import ReqIF file into DNG it's creating new attribute types. It fails to map with configured attribute types at project area level and also at component level. It creates redundant attribute types in DNG. 
How to fix this issue? is there any way to do mapping in ReqIF file or am I missing any configuration. 

Please guide.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Deepali Deshmukh

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.