It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Attributes showing with Artifact Name

David Beange (111364101) | asked Apr 16 '13, 9:15 a.m.

In RRC V3.0.1.4 when you look at the "Add Columns" option to select attributes to add to a display list the Attributes show as being named as

artifact name / attribute name. as per image attached.

Does anyone know if this is a server or tool setting and how to achieve this? The image is taken from a production server that we cannot access to see setting of and the users need a sandpit setting up identically.

Thanks

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Apr 16 '13, 1:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

David, I believe I've seen this behavior before though I'm not currently able to reproduce it.
Is this a server that was migrated from RRC 2.x?
I am not aware of any setting that controls this behavior. Can you go to the Manage Project Properties for this project and click on the Artifact Attributes tab and see how the attributes are displayed there? It's possible that the attribute names simply include the type - which I believe can happen for data migrated from RRC 2.x due to the non-unique nature of attributes in 2.x compared to 3.x.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Saran Kathirvelu (36911) | answered Apr 17 '13, 11:00 a.m.
 This happens when RRC is migrated from version 2.x. All the attribute names migrated from 2.x (by default) include the artifact type (i.e., attribute type/artifact name). The reason for this behavior is --  In RRC version 2.x, the attributes were NOT sharable and were tied to the artifact types. 
David Beange selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
David Beange (111364101) | answered Apr 18 '13, 8:01 a.m.
Thanks Stef & Saran The server was indeed upgraded from V2

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.