It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No UrbanCode Deploy Server Information section displayed on Post Build tab after updating to JAZZ 4.0.6

Neal Schrauf (678) | asked Sep 18 '14, 8:24 p.m.
My project just updated our JAZZ server from 4.0.3 to 4.0.6 in hopes of trying out UrbanCode Deploy.  I edited and/or created a new build definition and select the Post Build option and checked Post-build Delivery, but when I look at the Post-build Delivery tab, I don't see the UrbanCode Deploy Server Information Section.  FYI, I did install the latest 4.0.6 JAZZ build kit using IBM Installation Manager and restarted the build engine to see if that made a different.  No change.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Wen (690211) | answered Sep 19 '14, 12:10 p.m.
 Silly question here: Did you upgrade an eclipse client that points to the upgraded server to 4.0.6 as well?  

permanent link
Neal Schrauf (678) | answered Sep 19 '14, 2:24 p.m.
Not silly questions.  Actually that was the next thing I was about to try and yes, now I see the UrbanCode Deploy Server Information Section.  I knew the 4.0.3 client was compatible with the 4.0.6 server, but thought since much of the JAZZ build runs on the server side, that I would not need an updated client, but makes sense.  Guess I wish the required client version was documented as a dependency to using the UrbanCode Deploy functionality some where.  Thanks Robert for your response!

Comments
Robert Wen commented Sep 19 '14, 4:59 p.m.

Well, it just goes to show you that even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Glad you're up and running.  I'll convert my comment into an answer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.