It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Poll SCM using Jenkins not working

Balu Pillai (1314) | asked Jun 20 '19, 11:47 a.m.

Hi dear all, 

I have been trying to setup a job that polls the SCM (Jazz) and automatically run when a change is detected in the repository. I have enabled the "Poll SCM" option in Jenkins (@ every 5 mins) and I can see that Jenkins is trying to poll (from the logs), but it comes back saying no change detected which is not true.

I am trying to figure out why? My workspace is configured to follow the required streams I am interested in and Jenkins is configured with the Team Concert Plug in. Am I missing something? Please advise. 

Comments
Sridevi Sangaiah commented Jun 24 '19, 11:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is your Jenkins job configured to use a Build Workspace? If so can you confirm if the Build Workspace is used just in this particular Jenkins job and not in any other jobs/ Build Definition?

Balu Pillai commented Jun 25 '19, 4:35 a.m.

Hi Sridevi, 

Thanks for your suggestion. I have managed to get it working, it was a configuration error - my bad. Jenkins was running out of heap space at the server (all of a sudden), so RTC checkout/polling was not working as I expected it to. I understand this is not directly related to the topic, but for anyone who comes across this problem: 

- I used Java melody plug in to profile and have increased the memory now in the Jenkins.xml file from a default value of 256MB to something higher.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 25 '19, 5:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Interesting problem. Thanks for sharing! 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 25 '19, 1:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See https://jazz.net/library/article/92827 and see https://jazz.net/library/ and type Jenkins into the search field. Should that not be enough, consider to provide information about how you configured the Jenkins Job.

Balu Pillai selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.