It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to migrate RTC links from DOORs 9.5.3 to DOORs Next Generation

Dudley Thomas (41613) | asked Aug 21 '14, 8:38 a.m.
 We have requirements in DOORs 9.5.3 that are linked to work items in RTC via the 'Implements Requirement' link. 

We are wanting to migrate this data to DOORs Next Generation. Can we migrate the RTC links as well or do we have to re-create them?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Aug 21 '14, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 25 '14, 8:19 a.m.
Hi Dudley,

I quickly double-checked this as the news is not the best I am afraid.

The migration at present would be using the ReqIF functionality.
ReqIF as a spec does not support cross-package links, external links or OSLC links in general. 
ReqIF does deal with internal DOORS links, but an RTC link in DOORS would not be in that scope.

As a limitation, we are aware of this and these are currently in our product backlog.  I have no definitive date for their implementation for now.

Cheers,
Paul

PS For anyone else reading this post, there is also an answer referring to RQM links...
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/154445/migrating-doors-client-projects-to-dngrrc-doesnot-save-links

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031238) | answered Apr 25 '16, 6:48 a.m.
Hello Dudely,

You can do DOORS migration instead of ReqIF export/Import. DOORS Migration package is allowed from v6.0.1.

This is better when you compare with ReqIF Import/Export.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.