It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install clearcase already installed RTC4.x

Sreedhara thirthahalli (591415) | asked Jul 21 '14, 2:45 p.m.

I would like to migrate or Synchronise Rational  clearcase to RTC server. currently we are using CCRC as a client.

and I have already installed RTC 4.x using installation manager and installed Rational CLM and Rational Clearcase synchronizer.

Now I am not able to Synchronise clearcase using CCRC and I would like to install Clearcase client 8.0 version (eclipse) But I am unable to Install it using Installation manager.

Please sugest me in this regards.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 21 '14, 2:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In order to use the RTC CC Synchronizer, you need to have ClearCase dynamic views installed on the client you will be using as your "synchronization host".   If you have never installed ClearCase dynamic views before, you would need to get help from your ClearCase administrator (they will be able to tell you what IM repository you need to use).

Comments
Sreedhara thirthahalli commented Jul 21 '14, 10:26 p.m.

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for the update.. I am new to RTC and I have installed , CLM. RTC CLIENT, CLEARCASE SYNCHRONISER using IM manager.

Now I have a Clearcase client setup files (8.0) and in this setup files IM manger is there  and I am trying to install Clearcase using IM manager and I also have selected the correct repository. but it is not highlighted INSTALL button and it stops there and it is not giving any error also.

kindly help me I need to migrate or synchronise clearcase to RTC.

I have downloaded RTC 4.6 package from jaz.net is there any tool do I need to install in the RTC 4 .6 to get a dynamioc view.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 22 '14, 12:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
ClearCase Dynamic views is part of the ClearCase install, not part of the RTC install.
If you are pointing at the right IM repository, your IM install screen will look something like:
IM ClearCase screen

If you are having trouble installing ClearCase (e.g. you see the above IM screen, but it doesn't let you click on the box for your platform), you'll want to call Rational Support, and ask for ClearCase support (or ask your local ClearCase admin's for help).  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.