It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to integrate rational team concert v6.0.1 with rational developer for i v9.5.1

Arumugaraj swamynathan (1311) | asked Jul 04 '17, 1:20 a.m.

Hi Everyone,

I have installed Rational developer for i v9.5.1 and able to connect with IBM i server via this eclipse IDE.I need to add additional feature of workitem,source control management by integrating Rational team concertv6.0.1 with Rational developer for i v9.5.1 to build my source codes.

Please guide me to integrate and suggest me some sites to check with this.Thanks in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 04 '17, 1:40 a.m.
edited Jul 04 '17, 1:41 a.m.

RDi v9.5.1 is based on Eclipse 4.4.2, and should be able to shell share with RTC 6.0.1.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21279139

You can download the "Client for Eclipse 4.2.x IDE" Installation Manager repository and install using Installation Manager, or "p2 Install Repository" and install by using the Eclipse p2 installer.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.1?p=allDownloads

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Arumugaraj swamynathan commented Jul 04 '17, 4:41 a.m.

Thanks Donald....How to make steps to install RTC to integrate with RDi when using installation manager.What are the steps.

Donald Nong commented Jul 04 '17, 7:48 p.m.

If using Installation Manager, it should offer to install RTC in the same "group" as RDi.

Arumugaraj swamynathan commented Jul 05 '17, 1:42 a.m.

can we able to see iproject perspective,remote system explorer from RDi in RTC client??

Donald Nong commented Jul 06 '17, 2:06 a.m.

If you install these two product together, you should have only one Eclipse client. Those views that you mentioned should be provided by RDi, right?

Arumugaraj swamynathan commented Jul 06 '17, 7:39 a.m.

yes.Those views are provided by RDi but when i launch RTC whether can i able to access the above mentioned views because iam using the same eclipse version right?

Arumugaraj swamynathan commented Jul 11 '17, 11:52 p.m.

Hi Donald,

I installed the RTC client eclipse successfully and able to view those above mentioned perspective in it..Thank you for your support

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
muhib shaik (11) | answered Jul 04 '19, 8:23 a.m.

Hi Arumugaraj Swamynathan,

I need to Integrate IBM Rational Developer for I and RTC, could you please can anyone share the Integration or user manual document,

Could you please share the Integration steps - RTC to RDI,

I have downloaded IBM Rational Developer for i  Version: 9.6.0.6 and RTC version 6.0.6.

Thanks 
Mohib

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.