It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

401 404 and 405 template archive compatibility

Sean F (1.3k243150) | asked Jun 14 '14, 8:55 a.m.
If I create an RRC project template archive using 401 will it be possible to restore that archive into a 404 database without any known issues?

If I create an RRC project template archive using 405 will it be possible to restore that archive into a 404 database without any known issues?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Aug 01 '14, 7:20 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
While I haven't personally tried this to know for sure, there is an expectation of backward compatibility that should allow a 4.0.1 template to be usable by 4.0.4, but I would not count on forward compatibility (4.0.5 template being usable by 4.0.4). That's not to say it won't work, but due to defect fixes and enhancements in later releases, a template created in a later release may contain structures not expected by an older release.
Note that while I used version numbers above, my intention was to answer the question in the general sense. Again, I have no direct experience interchanging templates between the versions you referenced and the answer may depend on the information/features that were exported as part of the template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.