It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ramifications/Recommendations wrt re-registration of CLM application

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Aug 23 '12, 1:21 p.m.
Hi,
Scenario:   Fairly large farm of RTC/RQM Repositories that grew out over the years from RTC 1, 2 and now 3.  We created only a few JTS (5) that contain the responsibility of managing a "full" clm (1) born @ 3.0GA, 2 others that manage upgraded RTC, and 2 more that manage upgraded QM (with associated new Requirements Manager projects).

This configuration (v3) has been in place for as long as 1y and as little as 4 months.  A user has work in 2 RTC repositories (registered to separate JTS) and now wants to have an LPA connecting the RTC and maybe QM and RM into a life cycle project.

Now, I know that JTS is more than just the user registry (e.g. warehouse, dashboards, licenses) and that removing a application from a JTS is not to be taken lightly.   Are there any recommendations or discouragements of this potential change?

Thanks,
Kevin

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 23 '12, 10:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is a very reasonable thing to want to be able to do, but it is currently not supported (which I guess is a very strong form of discouragement :-).

The work item requesting this functionality is 162280 ( https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/162280 ).   Please feel free to add a comment to that work item indicating your interest/support.
Kevin Ramer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Aug 24 '12, 8:12 a.m.

Goeffrey,

Thanks. I'm not inclined to take the step of de-registering an application. I'll look at the work item and maybe subscribe.

Kevin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.