It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I comment single Artifact of a Module during Review

Erwin Kunz (94687086) | asked May 06 '14, 11:26 a.m.
RRC 4.0.6

Hi there
We plan to use modules instead of collection to be able to organize the artifacts. All went well till I tested the review.
When running the review on the modules I do not get the list of artifact contained in the module but just the module.
Ok; can make sense. I would have expected the list like for a review of a collection. Anyway.

So I click on the module and have the module open in the review context. Now I would like to comment a given entry of the Module... No way!? What do I miss? I can only comment on the entire module.
Selecting the link to the Artifact does not help either. There I'm in the History of the artifact and no more in the review context, and on history you can not comment

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered May 06 '14, 3:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 07 '14, 10:45 a.m.
Hello Erwin,

I think you might be running into the following defect.  The create comment for artifact option is disabled in the sidebar on the right hand side.  I see this same problem.

Defect 86421: Add new artifact comment in module (module comment sidebar) appears to not work ; issue is that another action enables it but UI does not tell user how to activate it

I do see the option enabled from the context menu, so I'm not sure why it is disabled in your screenshot.  I even opened it from within a review.
Create Comment in Module
Erwin Kunz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Erica Tran commented May 06 '14, 4:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I was using the options in the Open Artifact button above to view the module that was added to the review and saved.  I do now see the same behavior you do when the review is Started. 

Erwin Kunz commented May 07 '14, 4:37 a.m.

Hi Erica
Thank you for the feedback. It very strange that you have this menu point enabled. Are you also on 4.0.6.
I thought this could be something with type of review formal/informal. Using Formal the Module Review points you to the History of the Artifact, and for sure there you can not add Comments. So i thought Informal could work. Bummer nope. The context menu is not displayed at all

Last question: So you can add comments, and they are listed in the artifact comment tab, and also on the artifact outside of the review context?!

Thank you

Erica Tran commented May 07 '14, 10:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Erwin,
I added the comment above after my answer because I noticed that the behavior changed once the review was started.  I had added the module to the review and saved.  But it's only when I started the review, the option was greyed out.  I believe this falls under the enhancement request that My-An posted in her answer.

In regards to working with the comments outside of the context of a module, I saw the problem mentioned in Defect 86421.  The option for comments in the right information pane was greyed out.  After creating a review from the option from the pencil icon, then the button on the right information pane started working. 

3 other answers

permanent link
My-An Nguyen (2963) | answered May 06 '14, 3:19 p.m.
As I understand it, it is currently not possible. A number of Enhancements have been filed to get this feature implemented, one of which is this one:

Support Artifact Granulatiry within Modules in the Review/Approval/Commenting Feature (68052)

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 06 '14, 5:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 06 '14, 5:56 p.m.
I have run into a similar problem.  The Commenting on the review is a comment you should be able to see in the context of the review - and you should be able to refer to specific elements of the module. As has been said above, there is ongoing work on Reviews in RRC that should help when they are included in a release.

This was a bit annoying especially as when you add a Collection to a review, the Collection "unfolds" the artifacts in the Review so you can review/abstain and comment on the artifacts individually. I did try and create a Collection of the artifacts in the module, but this does not work.

At the moment - it looks like you need to comment on the Module as a whole (Using the Review with Comments or Abstain with comments).  To make it easier for the reader, put in the artifact number as it will make it easier to find, eg:

Artifact 120 - correction required, use cases starts when login completed.

anthony

permanent link
Terry Lam (212) | answered Nov 06 '15, 11:35 a.m.
I am researching on the same behavior and it seems the enhancement is still not ready.

I find a check box in the "comments" section labelled "Show only comments for active reviews".  As I could not find any way to create a comment to an individual artifact in a module during formal review, does it mean the check box is not working currently?  Or is there other way to add review comment for individual artifacts in other ways.

I am asking as the filter section is different from the module comments and individual artifact review comments.  e.g. the check box is labelled as "Show only comments for current reviews" instead.   It looks as if some function is built for filtering review comments for individual artifact in a module.  Only to learn review comment can only be on the module level during the review.

Did I miss anything?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.