It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you link an RM module to a Work Item

Jason Wilson (311326) | asked Jul 08 '16, 8:18 a.m.
Hello all,

I am wondering if someone is able to assist.

Does anyone know if there is a way to link a Module created in RM with a Work Item created in CCM. We want to be able to use a work item to track the rm document as a whole.

The only link I can find is the implemented by, unfortunately this only links to the Development Plans.

We want the same but directly to the Work Item and not the plan as these are not being used currently.

Cheers,

Jason.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 11 '16, 1:02 a.m.

I think you can only associate a single requirement artifact to a work item with the built-in links. Interestingly, another user has a not-so-common requirement as well, but the other way round.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/224455/create-new-link-type-to-test-plan-in-rdng

Jason Wilson commented Jul 11 '16, 1:41 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Yep kind of, I guess I would like the implements to be useable in the Work Item in order to link to the module. I would have thought this would have been a simple request since the functionality is already in the system.

We do not use RTC plans, due to the way in whic projects are set-up here and it lists all users associated with the project when only a handful maybe working on the project.

Donald Nong commented Jul 11 '16, 2:13 a.m.

The built-in process is based on common/standard practice, and may not accommodate all use cases. Maybe you need to create a custom link, as the other user is trying to do.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.