It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatically Adding Artifact Links to a Module

Gabriel Galvão (3189) | asked Sep 17 '13, 9:53 a.m.
Is there a way to add all links an artifact already in a module has to the module itself?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Sep 17 '13, 2:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I see (and that makes more sense ;).  Unfortunately there is not a way to do this today.  Feel free to open an enhancement request in RTC if it's important to you. 

Gabriel Galvão selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gabriel Galvão commented Sep 17 '13, 2:36 p.m.

Thank you, Kirk! 

2 other answers

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Sep 17 '13, 11:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It depends on whether you want to link to those artifacts in the context of the module, or to the "base" artifacts (independent of the module context).  But before I answer, I'd be curious to know the use case for needing this.  It's not really a use case we designed for (although it can be done).

For the former, in the Create Link dialog, you can choose to search for Rows in a Module, and then choose the current module and select all the rows in the module.  This will link to the artifacts in the context of that module.  If you want to link to the base artifacts, then you can choose to filter by the "Where used" attribute, and show all artifacts used in the current module, then choose all the artifacts to link to. 

permanent link
Gabriel Galvão (3189) | answered Sep 17 '13, 1:56 p.m.
 Kirk, I am sorry I have not made myself clear here. My language is ambiguous at best. 

Actually what the user needs is to be able to add LinkED artifacts (they are already linked).

For instance, user adds a Use Case do a Module. Then clicks on one button and suddenly all artifacts linked from this Use Case are, too, added to this module.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.