It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When adding text artifact to a module, artifact is not entirely displayed

Taly Hotimsky (2714657) | asked Sep 14 '14, 3:15 p.m.
 In RRC 4.0.6, when editing a Module and inserting an existing Text Artifact, the artifact is not entirely displayed. If we click the edit (pencil) icon within the Module, we see the whole Text Artifact content. However, on "viewing" mode, only the 1st paragraph is displayed.

Is this expected behavior?
Is there a way to force the Module to show the whole artifact content?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 14 '14, 9:16 p.m.

It works for me, regardless inserting a new artifact or an existing artifact. If this show-only-first-paragraph issue exists, it should happen to all the artifacts in the module, right? What is special that it would only happen when you insert an existing artifact? Can you please check whether this artifact is somehow different from others?

Taly Hotimsky commented Sep 14 '14, 11:34 p.m. | edited Sep 14 '14, 11:42 p.m.

Hi Donald.

After further testing, I noticed it has something to do with hidden formatting in the artifact. Using the "remove formatting" function made the full artifact's content to be displayed. Then, if I re-applied the same formatting (styles, lists, etc) as before, still the full content was displayed.

I'll be opening a defect about it with a ReqIF with my artifacts, as I have no clue to what formatting mark was causing the issue.

Taly Hotimsky commented Nov 15 '14, 7:10 p.m.

For reference, this is the WI about this and the workaround provided.

Donald Nong commented Nov 16 '14, 7:45 p.m.

I think you forgot the links.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.