It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM excel importer - Imported TestCase design goes into single line of test script

Saurabh Malhotra (15221617) | asked Apr 04 '14, 2:45 p.m.
 Hi All,

This is a follow-up question to my previous post (How to import multi line cells while maintaining format). That part is working well. All the data in the spreadsheet now ends up in a test case and comes in with proper formatting.

However when I take what's created in the test case design and use the "create test script from design" button, the entire test case design is going into a single step in the test script, which defeats the purpose of bringing in the steps over in the first place... :(

As an example try to create a spreadsheet that has a cells with the following data:

Script in Excel Cell

Type it out, don't copy and paste from somewhere else since that's how I created it. Then import that in using the following line in your cfg file:

testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=Pre(M)

What you get is a nice formatted test case design:

But once you click the "create manual script from test case design" button the script only ends up with a single step:

Any thoughts on how to fix this??

If someone wants to try this out, let me know and I can give you my example spreadsheet and cfg file.

Thanks!
Saurabh

One answer

permanent link
James Paulus (20611728) | answered Apr 04 '14, 2:49 p.m.
 Not sure what version you have, but check this out: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=88158

Comments
Saurabh Malhotra commented Apr 05 '14, 10:10 p.m.

I was trying with 4.0.4. I'll have to give this a try with 4.0.6 and comment. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.