It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Incorrect exported xml format from excel rqm importer

Matthew Bradshaw (51315) | asked May 10 '13, 9:46 a.m.
edited May 10 '13, 9:56 a.m.
Hello everyone,

Trying to import some test scripts into rqm 4.0 using the importer from excel. Using the same version importer to rqm version.

When i export direct to the repository i get an internal server error. Then i tried exporting to a file first to see what was going on and tried to import the file in.

My config file is:

testscript.XLSStartRow=3
//testscript.dc.title="title"
//testscript.dc.description="description"
testscript.title="title"
testscript.description="description"

testscript.steps.type="execution"
//testscript.steps.title=B
testscript.steps.description=B
testscript.steps.expectedResult=C
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

testcase.dc:title="title"
testcase.dc:description="description"
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition", "RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=C1
testcase.XLSLink=testscript

From the xml that is exported the correct format of test steps is coming out but the problem is with the xml tags being generated.  The test script title is generated like this

//<title>title</title>

from another example import that worked i noticed that the title tag was missing this

//  title xmlns="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">

Adding this to the exported xml fixes the import error.  I think this is why the import to rqm is not working directly as the xml is incorrect as i get the same error.  Could it be a bug in the exporter tool or something i need to change in my config file? Not ideal to have to change that for every xml file to import rather than import directly correctly.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered May 13 '13, 10:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Matthew ,
when exporting testscript, title is a must, I saw you comment the script title config, that caused the exporting failed.
and the by the way the config should be
   testscript.dc:title="title" 
not 
testscript.dc.title="title" 
Matthew Bradshaw selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.