It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM excel importer - Imported TestCase design goes into single line of test script

Saurabh Malhotra (15231617) | asked Apr 04 '14, 2:45 p.m.
 Hi All,

This is a follow-up question to my previous post (How to import multi line cells while maintaining format). That part is working well. All the data in the spreadsheet now ends up in a test case and comes in with proper formatting.

However when I take what's created in the test case design and use the "create test script from design" button, the entire test case design is going into a single step in the test script, which defeats the purpose of bringing in the steps over in the first place... :(

As an example try to create a spreadsheet that has a cells with the following data:

Script in Excel Cell

Type it out, don't copy and paste from somewhere else since that's how I created it. Then import that in using the following line in your cfg file:

testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=Pre(M)

What you get is a nice formatted test case design:

But once you click the "create manual script from test case design" button the script only ends up with a single step:

Any thoughts on how to fix this??

If someone wants to try this out, let me know and I can give you my example spreadsheet and cfg file.

Thanks!
Saurabh

One answer

permanent link
James Paulus (20622035) | answered Apr 04 '14, 2:49 p.m.
 Not sure what version you have, but check this out: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=88158

Comments
Saurabh Malhotra commented Apr 05 '14, 10:10 p.m.

I was trying with 4.0.4. I'll have to give this a try with 4.0.6 and comment. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.