It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting Up CALM

Ankit Vashistha (125627) | asked Apr 03 '14, 12:45 p.m.
 I have installed CALM 4.0.6 on my windows machine and when trying to setup the jts not able to login with the "ADMIN" user.
tried with ADMIN as username and password in capital letters.
Its is not allowing me to login and giving error of user credentials.
Kindly provide solution as i am stuck up with the setup process.

Regards:
Ankit

Comments
Robert Carter commented Apr 03 '14, 4:15 p.m.

I would need a little more information to assist you.

1. How did you install?  Web Installer or Using Installation manager with a repo.
2. Did you successfully complete the setup process?  https://localhost:9443/jts/setup
3. Did you find any errors in the log files, c:\program files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\logs

Ankit Vashistha commented Apr 04 '14, 12:45 a.m.

@Robert

Thanx for your response.
FYI
1) I install it using a web installer.
2) During setting up at https://localhost:9443/jts/setup we need to provide the user credentials at very first time to proceed ahead with the setup. At that particular page only i tried giving ADMIN as username and password but its giving an error valid username and password.
3) Error logs i will be able to provide you once i will reach back to home if there is any.

Robert Carter commented Apr 04 '14, 1:25 p.m.

Where you able to inspect the Server logs?  You are correct that you need to supply the username and password as ADMIN to get started with the setup. 

Ankit Vashistha commented Apr 07 '14, 5:28 a.m.

@Robert

Budyy i was busy in some other task.
Hope to get it soon may be today or might be tomorrow.
Sorry for the delay

Thanx.

Ankit Vashistha commented Apr 21 '14, 11:43 a.m.

Sorry for the delay as i was out of town.

There is no file under the directory C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\logs.

Kindly provide some help.
Thanx in advance

Sumant Renukarya commented Apr 21 '14, 12:10 p.m.

Adding:

1. Look for the error in the following path and not under tomcat folder:

C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\logs

What is the message in the log?

2. Are you using an External LDAP here? 

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

4 answers

permanent link
Ankit Vashistha (125627) | answered May 06 '14, 1:49 p.m.
Thanks all for your comments and support and jazz forum to keep me updated related to multiple topics.
For above raised question it was bit confusing that there were no such installation and configuration issues found, no log found and nothing was wrong there but was not able to dig the issue.

Finally uninstalling and re installing the server made the problem solved for me.

Many Thanks,
Ankit 

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Apr 03 '14, 1:04 p.m.
When starting RTC, right click on the start up script and select run as admin to see if that makes a difference.

Comments
Ankit Vashistha commented Apr 04 '14, 12:44 a.m. | edited Apr 23 '14, 1:50 a.m.

@Robert

Thanx for your response.
FYI
1) I install it using a web installer.
2) During setting up at https://localhost:9443/jts/setup we need to provide the user credentials at very first time to proceed ahead with the setup. At that particular page only i tried giving ADMIN as username and password but its giving an error valid username and password.
3) Error logs i will be able to provide you once i will reach back to home if there is any.

Ankit Vashistha commented Apr 04 '14, 12:47 a.m.

@Abraham 

I will try with this also once i will be back to home.
But FYI server got started successfully and able to go the initial page @  https://localhost:9443/jts/setup but not able to proceed ahead with username and password as "ADMIN"

Ankit Vashistha commented Apr 21 '14, 12:06 p.m.

@abraham

Hi abraham sorry for the delay,

Even after running the script with admin rights there is no change.
Still facing the same problem.

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Apr 23 '14, 4:03 p.m.
Sorry for delay in response, just came back from vacation.  If quicker responses are needed, please open a PMR.

I have had other customers run into issues like this one and it usually ends up being some type of odd permissions issues on windows.  Normaly running as admin resolves the problem.  The other things I would  check is to see if the user you are logging in as is either part of the local admin group or is it part of the gloabal admin group.

1. Also when the server starts up and a log in is attempted with ADMIN/ADMIN, look at the catalina logs to see if there are any errors.
2. Post the contents of  CLM_Install_Root/server/TOmcat/conf/tomcat.user.xml

Comments
Ankit Vashistha commented Apr 24 '14, 11:59 a.m.

I am trying it with trial ver. of the product available for 60 daz to do some hands on to that part which i can not do in a much better way in sandboxes provided. So dun have the facility of PMR.

Though I can perform any activity in my office with the test projects in purchased version but still can't manage to do things out there.
And if we talk about the user, It has all the rights to perform activities. 
 :-) I have uninstalled it from my system will try to reinstall it then try to perform the same thing. If the issue will persist then will revert back with
"1. Also when the server starts up and a log in is attempted with ADMIN/ADMIN, look at the catalina logs to see if there are any errors. 
2. Post the contents of  CLM_Install_Root/server/TOmcat/conf/tomcat.user.xml "

permanent link
Ankit Vashistha (125627) | answered May 16 '14, 2:23 p.m.
 Don't know what exactly was the issue earlier, but uninstalling and re installing  solved the problem i was facing.

One reason might be that during the installation part of CLM, i would have disbaled the ADMIN user and would have created my own user which i forgot.

But that is what i remember was not done might be then, nothing found in any of the log file.

Cheers:
Ankit

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.