It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

websphere without LDAP

Jeremy Cardon (4146) | asked Mar 08 '13, 12:45 p.m.

I am trying to stand up a new environment.  We are installing CLM 2012 (RTC & RRC only).  We are coming from an Apache Tomcat system. 

I can't use LDAP right now on the network, so I was wondering how I can configure WAS 8 to work without connecting to an LDAP?

Thanks for the help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rama SCM (4111320) | answered Mar 11 '13, 2:10 p.m.
Hi Jeremy,

You will have to create users in both places WAS and CLM.

Thanks!
Rama
Jeremy Cardon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Mar 08 '13, 12:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I usually use a WAS federated repository to manage users if I'm not using LDAP. Instructions for how to set this up are here: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_manage_users_fed_realm.html.

Comments
Jeremy Cardon commented Mar 08 '13, 1:11 p.m.

Thanks Jim...when I do that, do I need to create all of my RTC/RRC users in the federated repository as well as in the CLM tool?

Jim Ruehlin commented Mar 11 '13, 1:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't think you need to re-create the users in CLM, but it's been a little while since I've done this so my memory may be hazy. Assigning the user to the Jazz roles should be sufficient, since CLM should just pass the security responsibility to WAS.

Bo Chulindra commented Mar 11 '13, 2:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You would definitely have to create all of your users in the federated repository.

I don't think you can import users if you're using non-LDAP external registry with CLM, so unless you have self-registration turned on, you probably have to create all the users in your CLM as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.