It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading 5.0.2 -> 6.0.1.x tomcat/LDAP -> WAS-Lib/LDAP.

Mahari Hill (4861166230) | asked Jan 08 '16, 9:59 a.m.
edited Jan 18 '16, 6:03 p.m. by Lisa Frankel (5462)
CLM 502
SQL Server
Active Directory
tomcat

All,

We are looking at upgrading our test environment to 6.0.1. We have always seen migrating from tomcat->WAS as an additional step, but in 601, it seems like WAS Liberty is now the default. It doesn't seem to be covered in the interactive guide about the migration, so how is this handled?

If I install CLM 601 with WAS Lib in a directory and do the upgrade, is this stuff handled "automagically"?

thanks

One answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jan 08 '16, 10:22 a.m.
edited Jan 08 '16, 10:27 a.m.
The steps covered in the Interactive install guide would cover most of the migration. You may have to manually verify/update the Ldap details for liberty profile. Start the server to  

If the 6.0.1 liberty server has not yet been started, the xml files mentioned below can be chnaged in the following location: <JazzInstallDir>\liberty\clmServerTemplate

1. Edit <JazzInstallDir>\liberty\servers\clm\server.xml
Comment out basicUserRegistry.xml 
include location="conf/basicUserRegistry.xml
and uncomment ldapUserRegistry.xml
include location="conf/ldapUserRegistry.xml

2. Edit <JazzInstallDir>\liberty\servers\clm\conf\ldapUserRegistry.xml
Below is the modified parameters for AD setup

<ldapRegistry baseDN="CN=Users,DC=test,DC=com" bindDN="CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=test,DC=com" bindPassword="Passw0rd" host="ldap-host" id="ldap-host:389" ignoreCase="true" ldapType="Microsoft Active Directory" port="389" realm="ldap-host:389" recursiveSearch="true" referal="follow" sslEnabled="false">  
        <idsFilters groupFilter="(&amp;(cn=%v)(|(objectclass=groupOfNames)(objectclass=posixGroup)))" groupIdMap="*:cn" groupMemberIdMap="ibm-allGroups:member;ibm-allGroups:uniqueMember" userFilter="(&amp;(uid=%v)(objectclass=inetOrgPerson))" userIdMap="*:uid">
        </idsFilters>
    <activedFilters groupIdMap="*:cn" groupMemberIdMap="*:member" userIdMap="*:sAMAccountName"/>
    </ldapRegistry>

3. Edit <JazzInstallDir>\liberty\servers\clm\conf\application.xml
Map the roles to AD groups , JazzAdmins, JazzUsers etc

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Jan 11 '16, 11:57 a.m.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. So just to be clear. Is WAS Liberty installed during this "installation of 601 when choosing to use it?" Also, does server.startup.bat still work when using WAS Liberty? I want to apply the ifix before the upgrade...

(Sorry, never used WAS before...)

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 11 '16, 12:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, WAS Liberty is automatically installed (just as Tomcat used to be) when you chose to deploy on WAS Liberty.   And yes, server.startup.bat is the script to use to start the server when using WAS Liberty.

Kim Soederhamn commented Jan 19 '16, 8:50 a.m.

I tried it and the path is an automated one from tomcat to liberty - however in my case it did not work. About you ifix I believe you can not apply ifix1 for 6.0.1 prior to the upgrade. according to the guideline you need to apply it before you apply the remaining fixes (wars) and update the repotools and that requires a server start which you can obviously not do before you have upgraded.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.