It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I import accented characters into RRC artifacts using CSV?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Feb 24 '14, 10:34 a.m.
Hello,

I am trying to import accented characters into RRC artifacts.  By accented characters I mean à, è, ì, etc...

These characters are supported by the tool because I can manually add them into artifact fields (both as content and as attribute values), but when I try to import them they disappear.  For example, importing the work "validità" becomes "validit".

How do I accomplish my goal?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

Comments
Mike Jaworski commented Feb 24 '14, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Andrew,

Which version of the tool are you using? I can check if there are any applicable defects for this issue. 

Thanks,
Mike

Andrew Trobec commented Feb 24 '14, 12:36 p.m.

@majawors

Hello Michael,
I am using RRC 4.0.0.1.  Daniel provided a suggestion below that helped me solve the problem.
Thanks!
Regards,
Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Feb 24 '14, 11:28 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RRC import via CSV requires that the file be encoded in UTF-8.  If you are starting in Excel and save as CSV it's not in UTF-8. Can you see the accented characters after exporting from Excel?

After creating the CSV file, open it in Notepad and save with UTF-8 encoding.  This should enable the import to handle the accented characters properly.  If that doesn't work, it sounds like a defect to me.

Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Feb 24 '14, 12:36 p.m.

@dmoul

Hello Daniel,
This suggestion worked!  I was using Notepad++ so encode in UTF-8 but i guess it wasn't working properly.  I copied and pasted from Notepad++ to Notepad and then saved in UTF-8 and it worked.
Thank you!
Regards,
Andrew

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.