It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can team members whithout the rights to create, modify and delete artifacts move artefacts out of other team areas?

Marcus Apel (40146) | asked Feb 06 '14, 6:45 a.m.

Hi,

we use RRC 4.0.3. But n RRC 4.0.6RC it's the same behaviour.

In the project definition area of a project i define two teams, "Team A" and "Team B". The rights will be pass from the project roles.

"User 1" is part of "Team A" and had the role of an author (create, modify and delete artifacts).

"User 1" is not a member in "Team B" and not a member of the "Project Area". The role "Everybody" has no rights in "Project Area".

Then i create two folders on the same level. The first one has the name "Team A" and the second one has the name "Team B". Inside of the folders are artefacts. "Folder A" is owned of "Team A" (incl. the sub-folders and artefacts). "Folder B" is owned of "Team B" (incl. the sub-folders and artefacts).

Now i log in with "User 1" ("Team A"). I look inside "Folder B" and i can't delete artefacts or modify artifact or create artefacts". That's absolutly it should be. But, "User 1" member of "Team A" with absolutly no rights in "Folder B" or "Team B" can move artefacts out of "Folder B" in "Folder A"!?

Can you explain me why? What is the concept behind?

I have absolutly no permission to create, modify or delete but i can move the artefacts?

I can't explain this behavour my users. When i separate a project in team areas and i don't gave an user the right to create, modify or delete artefacts in an area than i also don't want that the user can move artefacts out this area. Why have everybody the right to move artefacts?

Is there something i do wrong or don't understand?

Please help! Best regards - Marcus

Accepted answer

permanent link
Håkan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Feb 06 '14, 9:34 a.m.
I believe you are facing what's logged as defect: https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=83714

The discussion leading to the submission to that defect has been taken place here:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/135897/rrc-team-level-permissions-do-not-prevent-moving-artifacts-from-restricted-folders-to-my-team-folder
Marcus Apel selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
sheela gangai (1313) | answered Feb 06 '14, 7:33 a.m.
Have you checked the user's role access level at project level? It might be the case that User1 has access to modify at project level.

Comments
Marcus Apel commented Feb 06 '14, 8:08 a.m.

Yes, the user is only member of the team and the role "everybody" on team level (don't know if it's the right term in english) has no rights.

Thank you for your replay

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.