It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRCReportableRestAPI Really cool - but should note showEmbedTitles includes Primary Text when present

Dano Currie (122) | asked Feb 11 '14, 4:19 p.m.

Hi All,

the APIs described for RRC in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCReportableRestAPI are really, really useful for me in RPE work. I can run the API calls in a browser and see the XML come back. It informs me on which part of the schema to use while building my RPE templates.

Today, I used the "showEmbedTitles=true" on option a a query in the RPE Doc Spec Data Source and it fixed some omissions. (You can gang up several of these options in one query.) The API write up doesn't note that you EITHER get the "Primary Text" OR the "Title" (in on Primary text) when you add this to the query. I found out the interplay while reading about CSV import on the RRC on-line man pages.

Now, here's a cool suggestion: When you import/upload an image file, collect the Title (or Primary Text) so it can be put into RPE produced documents as a figure caption. Mabye if we treat embedded images as Headers or something like that, the Title can be outline numbered and feed into Table of Figures.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.