It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Instalation of Insight for Windows tomcat (derby)4.0.5 server

kavita herur (5876894) | asked Feb 20 '14, 7:00 a.m.

Hi All,

I have already installed and worked 4.0.1 tomcat server for serverextension development. Now I want to have fresh installation of 4.0.5 apache tomcat(derby) server for serverextension development. And along with that we are planing to use Insight in future.

So I want to set up insight along with my 4.0.5 tocat(Derby). but in below link it doesnt allow to selet Derby and RRDI istallation together.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Froadmap_form.html

So its not possible to set up RRDI for Derby?

Before Insight Do I need to install RRDI?

Is there way I can have both tocat server for serverextensions and Insight for investigation and customising reports according to our process configuration in RTC.

And The custumised reports can be used/deployed to production Insight(may be oracle/IBM DB2)?

Please let me know,its stopping me to progress in my installation process.

Thanks,

Kavita

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 20 '14, 8:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please read the infocenter help for RRDI. As far as I can tell RRDI, Insight require
  • WAS
  • An enterprise DB

Comments
kavita herur commented Feb 20 '14, 8:30 a.m.

Can I get link .. Its not possible for Derby?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 20 '14, 9:23 a.m. | edited Feb 20 '14, 9:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your link above is for CLM - which supports Derby and Tomcat.
There is a separate section for RRDI which you get if you select the checkbox for RRDI

RRDI, Insight are based on Cognos and don't Support Tomcat or derby, unfortunately. This is a big drawback for me,e.g. for demo scenarios, but it is a fact, as far as I know.

RRDI Supported DB's
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/c_preinstall_db_ovr.html

See more data in the related section.

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Feb 20 '14, 12:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kavita, Ralph is correct in that RRDI/Insight are only supported on Websphere, for the application server. However, there is an option in the RRDI/Insight setup wizard named "Evaluation". This will deploy RRDI/Insight on Tomcat. This is strictly for evaluation purposes only. This evaluation setup option also requires that you have DB2 previously installed to be used as the DB vendor.

In a non-evaluation scenario, for database support, flavors of DB2, Oracle and SQL Server are supported. in addition to what Ralph provided, you can also use this link to check for product/version support: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/prodguid/v1r0/clarity/softwareReqsForProduct.html

Search for Rational Insight, select the version and OS of interest and it will give you all this info on the "Pre-requisites" tab.

Hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.