It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI Setup tool server: CRJAZ1357E Failed to login into the server 'https://localhost:10443/jts'. Check the login credentials.

Timur Markunin (6495165145) | asked Sep 21 '12, 4:29 a.m.
edited Sep 21 '12, 4:54 a.m.
Hello,

I'm trying to install Insight 1.1.1. After lunching RRDI setup server and providing server name and account details I see following error in console:
CRJAZ1357E Failed to login into the server 'https://localhost:10443/jts'. Check
the login credentials.
Rational Reporting Setup Server configuration failed.

Any ideas?

4 answers

permanent link
Timur Markunin (6495165145) | answered Sep 21 '12, 9:21 a.m.
Hi Ali!
Thanks! It seems that this error was related to the fact that server was started without admin rights and failed to change files in installation folder. I've run it as admin and it solved the issue.

permanent link
Ali Manji (59147) | answered Sep 21 '12, 8:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Timur -

After starting the RRDI startup server and before hitting the setup URL, did you run the batch file: server.config ?

You need to run the server.config batch file before going to the setup page, but after starting the setup server.

Regards,
Ali

Comments
Michael Prentice commented Jan 15 '13, 6:54 p.m.

Does this answer apply to 4.0.1? Because I do not have a server.config file in  ibm\RRDI\setup\tool\JazzTeamServer\server. There is a server.startup and params.properties file, but no config file.

Michael Prentice commented Jan 15 '13, 8:31 p.m.

The username and password that I gave it would never work. Only after watching some videos and digging through params.properties did I find out that I need to use setupadmin/setupadmin to login. This information was not available in the infocenter guide that I was sent to from the Installation Manager (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_postinstall_config_deployment.html). It looks like it either links to an old guide (4.0) or the guide hasn't been updated for 4.0.1.

I was also confused by the specification of 10443/jts instead of 9443/jts.

Ali Manji commented Jan 16 '13, 8:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Michael - No, running server.config is no longer applicable as of RRDI 2.0.1 / CLM 4.0.1.

James Paulus commented Jan 30 '13, 3:07 p.m.

Then how do we get the RRDI 2.0 setup to work?   We are getting an invalid login error when going through RRDI setup.

Ali Manji commented Jan 30 '13, 3:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi James - the above response was specific to RRDI 2.0.1.  You do need to run  server.config if you are using RRDI 2.0.0.

James Paulus commented Jan 30 '13, 3:17 p.m.

We're using 2.0.1.   Sorry about not specifying!   Should the credentials be setupadmin/setupadmin?

Ali Manji commented Jan 30 '13, 3:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

When you hit the setup URL for the first time, it should prompt for creation of a userID and password and have a button to click called Register.  When the ensuing pop-up login page comes up you would enter the same userID/password you entered before clicking Register.

YOGESH LOKHANDE commented Jan 31 '13, 7:53 a.m.

for 2.0.1 and insight 1.1.1.1 it provide initialization 

so what is url and user name password

Ali Manji commented Jan 31 '13, 8:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The URL for the Setup Application is: https://<fully_qualified_hostname>:10443/rrdi/setup

As mentioned above, you create the user name and password on the first page of the Setup application. 

James Paulus commented Jan 31 '13, 11:43 a.m.

We got it figured out.   We had to start the setup wizard as admin (which required some User Account Control Changes) and then we were good to go.

Michael Prentice commented Jan 31 '13, 5:33 p.m. | edited Jan 31 '13, 5:34 p.m.

I was never prompted for the creation of a UserID or password nor did it ask me to Register the first time that I logged into the setup wizard. 

If you need to run the setup wizard as admin, then the shortcut from the Installation Manager needs to be updated to perform that or removed so that you don't run it from there and break the setup server like we did (many times, repeatedly being forced to reinstall RRDI).

We of course were logged in as an admin user, but it appears that even that is not enough and you have to actually do 'run as admin' from the window's context menu?

Jaffar Yelavalli commented Jul 25 '13, 5:38 a.m.

Just to add..Running as Admin did worked in one of my Test instance but didn't in our UAT environment. In UAT environment I had to change my browser from IE8 to Firefox which resolved the issue.

showing 5 of 12 show 7 more comments

permanent link
Renato Mori (10012230) | answered Jan 31 '13, 11:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I used to get this message while the initial page of the setup of RIN 1.1.1.
Now, after the RIN installation, I run the server config.bat file and define there the server name, user and password.
Then I run the setup wizard, and finish the configuration.
I don't know if it's the best way, but it works for me :)

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Aug 19 '14, 3:45 p.m.
edited Aug 19 '14, 5:04 p.m.
I was hitting this with 2.0.6 upgrade.  I "discovered" that the rrdi.properties file was getting saved, but "reset".  I investigated because I got a file not found exception while applying the RRDI update with IBM IM.  I copied the rrdi.properties from the saved configurations to the setup/tool/JazzTeamServer/conf/rrdi; launched the Tomcat and now I'm doing the upgrade steps.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/IBM/RRDI_jts02/setup/tool/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/rrdi/rrdi.properties (A file or directory in the path name does not exist.)        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:123)        at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:66)        at com.ibm.rational.rrdi.install.utils.DeleteLine.deleteLine(DeleteLine.java:27)        at com.ibm.rational.rrdi.install.utils.DeleteLine.main(DeleteLine.java:62)        at com.ibm.rational.rrdi.install.utils.DeleteLine.run(DeleteLine.java:56)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)        at com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.Invoke$InvokeRunnable.run(Invoke.java:401)        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.