It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting a work item

Aaron Chorpenning (371015) | asked Jan 27 '14, 10:56 a.m.
retagged Jan 30 '14, 3:03 p.m. by Dejan Custic (2855)

I have a project where I have enabled the Delete work item permission for Scrum Master and Team Members. However, when the team members view a work item, there is not a delete option for them. As a site admin, I have the option. The team members are in the JazzUsers AD directory.

What am I missing?

2 answers

permanent link
Brian DiCola (29311415) | answered Jan 27 '14, 11:21 a.m.
Hi Aaron,

Try this reference.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/84162/deleting-work-items-permission

Comments
Aaron Chorpenning commented Jan 27 '14, 12:15 p.m. | edited Jan 27 '14, 6:05 p.m.

Thanks for pointing me in a direction towards an answer. It looks like from what I can tell...

1. The user has to be a member of JazzAdmins

2. The user has to be assigned a role, which has been given permission to "Delete Work Item".

For some reason, I don't know why #2 isn't the only option to be satisfied. It just seems strange why JazzAdmins needs to be involved...

Millard Ellingsworth commented Jan 27 '14, 6:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, Aaron.

Because of the linked nature of the data, it can be a messy thing to delete (as opposed to archive) most items. A work item can have a variety of relationships with other work items, can be linked to requirements or test cases in other CLM applications, etc. For the longest time, this option wasn't even available. I think the point is that a JazzAdmin will be careful to make sure that the work item can be safely deleted.

Aaron Chorpenning commented Jan 30 '14, 4:11 p.m.

Thanks for your feedback. I see the importance of the linked nature of these things. However, a basic deletion is sometimes necessary...Opps...I added a defect to the wrong project...

At least we have the ability to set this on a project admin level, as well as the jazz admin level.

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Jan 30 '14, 3:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Help topics for deleting a work item is here http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_deleting_work_items.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.