It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC hangs at 97% complete when accepting change sets

Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | asked Mar 06 '13, 5:12 p.m.
retagged Mar 12 '13, 1:28 p.m. by Hadar Hawk (1882214)
My team is experiencing a problem were occasionally the progress monitor will hang at 97% when accepting change sets. I've let it run overnight and in the morning the progress monitor is still pegged at 97%.

We're pretty clueless as to why this happens. Generally it's occurred more often when there were a large number of change sets to accept, but I've also seen it happen with only a handful. When this happens this only way to recover is to forcibly kill Eclipse & restart. More often than not the local sandbox is also either trashed or so out of sync with the server workspace that it's often less trouble to simply start over with a new local sandbox.

Our server version is 3.0.1.3, build ID RJF-I20120322-1607 in case that is important.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Mar 06 '13, 6:30 p.m. | edited Mar 06 '13, 6:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Anything coming up in the RTC log files at all? 

Also - can you turn on the metronome on the Eclipse side and see if that gives you a clue as to where things are going wrong. Of course, you need to have this one before you get the error :-)

anthony

Jeff Care commented Mar 07 '13, 9:45 a.m.

Our server is hosted by a different team, so I don't have direct access to the logs. I may be able to get them - what log files, specifically, should I ask for?

I've turned on metronome but it's not clear how it can help me. Can you elaborate?

Tim Mok commented Mar 07 '13, 10:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.concert.doc/topics/t_metronome.html

Once you have metronome enabled, it will record traffic with the server. You can run your accept and it will collect what calls were made and how long it spent doing certain things.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Mar 11 '13, 8:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

@carej Are you still seeing issues? 

2 answers

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Aug 28 '13, 11:28 a.m.
Just to circle back on this problem, it was eventually determined to be a problem in WTP.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Aug 28 '13, 11:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Jeff - good to know where the problem lies.

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Mar 21 '13, 3:10 p.m.
As I mentioned, it's an intermittent problem that doesn't follow any pattern that we've been able to discern. It happened to me today. Here's a screen grab of metronome; I hope it's useful to you because it's meaningless to me.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Mar 21 '13, 3:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jeff

So I was interested in the Worst times - and you do have the iScmService taking 51 seconds to do something (that is extremely slow).  So something is causing the SCM service to wait, so now we have to work out what is causing the problem.

There is a logs directory on the RTC server, and we should look at the jts and ccm.log files. 

If you have access to IBM support - I would raise a PMR with them.  If not - lets keep trying to sort it out here.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.