It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz requires authentication when swapping between RM/CM/QM

Allen Earnest (6212437) | asked Jan 27 '16, 11:12 a.m.
retagged Jan 28 '16, 8:14 p.m. by Patricia Der (5011)
Greetings all,

We have a Rational 6.0.1 installation running on Tomcat that we use for development and testing of things.  We have this install connected to our LDAP repository for authentication.

I can work on the CM side of the application just fine.  But when I click a link to the RM side of the application, Jazz requires me to re-enter my credentials.  Same thing happens when following a link from RM to CM.

On our old 5.0.2 installation, this was never a problem.

Is there a configuration setting or other tweak that we need to do to ensure that our credentials are trusted/passed via CM/RM/QM seamlessly?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 27 '16, 9:09 p.m.
In other words, Single Sign-On (SSO) does not work for you.

To make it work, you need to ensure
1. All CLM applications are installed on the same Tomcat server.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_deploy_single_sign-on.html&scope=null
2. Single Sign-On is enabled.
Contrary to what it says in the above document, SSO is disabled by default, at least in Tomcat 7.0.67. Since CLM 6.0.1 does not ship with Tomcat, you must have downloaded a copy of Tomcat from the official web site, and used most settings as default.

If you have any doubts, compare the tomcat/conf/server.xml file in both your 5.0.2 and 6.0.1 environment.
Allen Earnest selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Allen Earnest commented Jan 28 '16, 9:26 a.m.

Thanks Donald, that was it.  Much appreciated!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.