It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

unable receive rational team concert email notification from Outlook client

marina delunas (711316) | asked Jan 08 '14, 10:20 a.m.
When I send email notification from Ratinal Team Concert to MS Outlook email address the user does not  receive the email. What can I do?

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented Jan 09 '14, 5:52 a.m.

Is the problem specific to MS Outlook client? Is it possible to receive the email using Firebird or a web client?
Is the problem only for notifications or also with team invitations?
Have you verified that the SMTP server is operational (you can test it by sending email using telnet from the CLM server machine)?

marina delunas commented Jan 09 '14, 6:10 a.m.

If a use another email system.. i.e. my gmail account or IBM accoutn the notification is OK. The problem is only using a MS outlook account . Can be a email protocol problem? I not know Exchange server and if it use SMTP :-(

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jan 13 '14, 11:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What version of Exchange? I think all recent versions use SMTP. Older versions required a connector.
I would recommend you check your Exchange server log and see if anything is being logged there.

From the RTC side, you can enable a trace in the JTS log4j.properties:
log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.repository.service.compatibility.internal.mailer.MailerService=DEBUG
which should provide some debug trace on the mailings.

I would recommend you open up a PMR with IBM Support so we can review your configuration and ensure you are properly set up to receive email notification.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.