It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing email notification email IDs

Ankit Jain (6423639) | asked Oct 02 '12, 9:17 p.m.
retagged Oct 04 '12, 3:15 p.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)

Scenario -

There are certain users who do not belong to the organization but the client of the organization.

They don't exist on the Active Directory but they do have access to RTC instance.

Now The clients have made a few changes the email IDs of the users and they want all the email notifications to be sent to the new email IDs instead of old one.

Now how do they/we change the Email IDs because if it was the IDs that existed on the Active directory of the organization we could have done something but this is a little complicated situation.

Comments
Arne Bister commented Oct 04 '12, 3:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

I am not sure I quite understand.
You are using RTC with mixed authentication (some internal users from AD, some external users just Jazz logins). Now the external users are changing the email addresses for their Jazz profiles? The email notification should automatically go to their new address, unless the SMTP server has some issues sending emails to those addresses.
So whose email addresses should be changed by whom? External users - Jazz profile only - by Jazz Admins?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 08 '12, 10:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am wondering how the server is set up to allow LDAP and NON LDAP users. Is it using a federated realm? It would also have been interesting to understand the environment e.g. WAS or Tomcat. Please provide more explanation and also version numbers with your question. If you don't users will not be able to help.

However, have you tried to do a repotools -importUsers with the users external to LDAP and changed e-mail addresses?
Another potential way would be to switch the autnetication to UNSUPPORTED (see https://jazz.net/forum/questions/89661/is-it-possible-to-change-rtc-authentication-methods-using-websphere), change the e-mail and then change back to the initial value.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.