It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Importer tool - Unable to insert a new record with the same excel file

Guyochin Delphine (1156) | asked Dec 19 '13, 9:16 a.m.
edited Dec 19 '13, 9:34 a.m.
Hi
Could you please help me to clarify the behavior of the RQM Excel Importer tool.

I would like to import Test Plan and Test cases associated to RQM.

RQM V4.0.2

And my config file 
testplan.dc:title=A3
testplan.category term="Geographie".value=B3

testplan.category term="BFR".value=D3
testplan.category term="Test Phase".value=C3
 testplan.XLSLink=testcase
testcase.XLSStartRow=6
testcase.dc:title=A
testcase.category term="Function".value=D
testcase.category term="Test type".value=C

When I insert the first time, no problem .. the TP and TC are correctly inserted in RQM
I change the name of the TP and TC, and try to insert the new TP and TCs based on the same config file.
The record TP and TC are not inserted .. but the an existing one is updated with the new name mentioned in the excel file.
I don't mention the identifier of the RQM record, that should be for each import a new insert in RQM side. Why an existing record is updated.
If I create a new excel file with the same content, a new insert is done.
Why this behavior ?

Thanks for your clarification.

One answer

permanent link
ma chi (3111) | answered Dec 23 '13, 3:53 a.m.

hi,chat's the reason :

XLSArtifactID specifies the external ID of the artifact. If external ID of the artifact is not specified, a default external ID is assigned using the following format:

<Excel file name>_<Excel worksheet name>[_<artifact count when 2 or more artifacts in the same Excel worksheet>].xml

Note, if an artifact exists with the same external ID, it is updated. For example, multiple export operations of the same Excel/configuration files to the same repository. 
To create new artifact(s) with multiple export operations of the same Excel/configuration files to the same repository: 

or

• Change the Excel file name or Excel worksheet name.
or

• Export to File, change the name of the XML file(s), and import the XML file(s) into RQM using the Planning > Import Test Plans, Construction > Import Test Cases, or Construction > Import Test Scripts menus. Note, test plan, test case, and test script only

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.