It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 6.0.2 JRS: Is there an entity relationship diagram for the test artifacts? The reports I am creating in JRS are not bringing back all the data.

Neeta Valera (45340) | asked Jun 17 '16, 3:12 p.m.
RQM 6.0.2 JRS: Is there an entity relationship diagram for the test artifacts? I am developing a report and I need to see the result of all the test script steps and display all the related test case/suite/plan on the report. First, I do not see a column where the test script test step "Result" (pass/fail/blocked, etc.) is stored when I select the "test script test step" in the "add attributes". I need this column to sum the total number of passed and fail steps by test pla/suite/case.

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Jun 23 '16, 10:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Neeta,

Since you are talking about an ER diagram, I assume you are trying to create a report using the data warehouse (DW).  There is no specific diagram of what has been included in Report Builder (RB).  Every release we try to keep adding more artifacts, the final goal is to have them all available there, but we are still working on it.  Here is a link to the data dictionary that shows the relationship between the UI fields and their final correspondence in the DW.  As I mentioned in a previous post, test script step results are stored in the DW only if they are linked to a defect.  You should keep that in mind when you are creating the new report.

If the artifact is not available in the RB UI, then you may have to use the Advanced SQL option and add the extra table manually.  By using the Advanced SQL you will lose access to the wizard (e.g. you won't be able to automatically add conditions), so from that point on it will depend on the SQL you are entering.  The best option is to add as much information, conditions and formatting as possible before switching to use the Advanced SQL, that way the manual part will be minimal.

Thank you,
Clara Forero

Comments
Neeta Valera commented Jun 27 '16, 10:41 a.m.

Thanks for your response. I was told by my IT dept that the JRS connects to a different DB than the DW and Rational Insight connects to the DW. Do you have any info on this DB that connects to JRS? I am assuming it would have the QM test suite, QM test script step result, etc. entities in it.

Also, for the reports I need, JRS seems too limited. For example:
1. I need a report that shows me the total number of passes/failed/blocked test script steps by test suite
2. i need a report that shows me the total number of passed/failed/blocked test script steps by test plan and be able to filter my result set by categories in test plan and test suite

In the "add calculated value data items" the only column that shows up when I select the test script test result and "sum by value of column" is the "index" column and not the verdict column.

Do you think I can do all this reporting using the REST API? Does it provide functions to retrieve the test script step result details to the level I need? I will have a huge learning curve to use the REST API but if it provides what I am looking for, it may be worth it. Thanks!

Clara Forero commented Jul 14 '16, 11:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Neeta,

It seems you are using the LQE data source.  That one is in fact different from the DW.  I looked in my dev environment and saw the same results that you mentioned, the calculated columns don't let me add a total depending on the verdict of the test script result.  I asked about it to the LQE experts, but I haven't gotten an answer yet.  If you consider this to be a defect, maybe you could log one in the JRS project area.  At the very least you will get an explanation about this behavior.

Regarding using the REST API, I would assume all the data you need is available there, I'm just not so sure about how easy (or performant) it would be to create the report you are looking for.

Maybe you could start with logging that defect and getting some answers about LQE.  Using the DW won't be an option since it doesn't contain all the test script step results. If LQE doesn't work, then RPE (i.e. using the REST API) would be the only option at that point.
- Clara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.