It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

*.xml file cannot be found when installing RTC with the web installer.

Jayasimha K S (1335) | asked Oct 11 '13, 6:58 a.m.
converted to question Oct 11 '13, 7:50 a.m. by Karl Weinert (2.0k52736)
I am also getting the below message when I try installing RTC 4.0.3
"The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.jts package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found.
The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.product-clm package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found.
The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rtc package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found.
The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rdm package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found.
The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rqm package specified in the D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86\install-server.xml file cannot be found."

I tried debugging a little to understand whats happening
1. The launchpad.exe runs a launchpad.bat inside the launchpad folder
2. This batch file checks the JRE install and browser in the current machine and then opens the lauchpad UI
3. When we click the link "Install Jazz Team Server, the trial license keys, and the applications.", it lauches the IBM Installation Manager.
4. The IM reads install-server.xml under "D:\software\ibm\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.3\im\win32.win32.x86"
5. The install-server.xml has information as below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<agent-input clean='true' temporary='true' >
<server>
    <repository location='https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/4.0.3/4.0.3/install-repository/clm-offerings/repository/repository.config' />
    <repository location='.' temporary='true' />
</server>
<install>
    <offering features='agent_core,agent_jre' id='com.ibm.cic.agent'/>
    <offering id='com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.jts'/>
    <offering id='com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.product-clm'/>
    <offering id='com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rtc'/>
    <offering id='com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rdm'/>
    <offering id='com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rqm'/>
</install>
</agent-input>

6. IM then fails with the above error message.

I see that if I copy paste the repository location in my browser, I am able to get a pop up for Jazz user Id and password but through the IM this is not happening.

My guess is that when IM is trying to connect to the above Jazz repository location from behind a proxy, it is failing. A possible solution can be to enhance the IM to pop up for "web proxy server information" from users and allow for a smooth interaction from there on.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Oct 11 '13, 7:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 11 '13, 7:51 a.m.
Installation Manager can be configured  to use a proxy under File > Preferences > Internet > HTTP Proxy.

@Jayasimha
Having something automatic sounds like a good idea. Since Installation Manager isn't specific to the Jazz products you would need to open an RFE on developerWorks.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/
Installation Manager can be found under the Rational Brand.
Jayasimha K S selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.