It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to connect Jazz 6.0.3 to JTS SQL Server 2012 Database

Serge Charbonneau (13) | asked Jan 02 '17, 10:29 a.m.
Hi,
I'm trying to install a custom setup of Jazz 6.0.3 on an Oracle VirtualBox virtual machine equipped with Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2012 Express.  At the Configure Database installation step, I'm trying to connect Jazz to the JTS database using the following parameters:
Step 1:
Database Vendor: SQL Server
Connection Type: JDBC
Step 2:
JDBC Password is set
JDBC Location: //localhost:1433;databaseName=JTS;user=jtsDBuser;password={password}
TCP/IP is enable on SQL Server Express and it works (I tested it with the Data Link Properties app).
As per the installation instructions on jazz.net, I've installed JDBC Driver 4.1 and set a System variable to point to it (SQLSERVER_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE -> C:\Program Files\Microsoft JDBC Driver 4.1 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_4.1\enu\sqljdbc41.jar).
I get the following error:
The configuration test resulted in errors. Resolve the errors to continue. For information about why the configuration did not pass the validity test and how to provide a valid configuration, see the other messages that are provided with this message. For more information, open the help and search for "Running the setup wizard".ID CRJAZ1579E
hide details
JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class=com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver, offset=6
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and best regards.

2 answers

permanent link
Jean-Loup PIETIN (1312) | answered Jan 02 '17, 11:00 a.m.
Hi

See your repotools-jts and other repotools script to see i the JAVA variable pointing to the good JDK or JRE (version 6.0 minimum.

Jean-loup PIETIN

permanent link
Serge Charbonneau (13) | answered Jan 11 '17, 4:05 p.m.

I resolved the problem by forcing SQL Server 2014 Express to use port 1433 instead of dynamically allocating a port.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.