It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create OSLC link to BPMN2 Task in RSA DM 4.0

Shuhichi Saitoh (20059) | asked Oct 09 '13, 11:30 p.m.
edited Oct 09 '13, 11:34 p.m.
I'm evaluating RSA Design Manager (using RSA DM 4.0.4 and RSA 9.0) in terms of lifecycle traceability and how it can be used in part of Architecture Management.
As a scenario test, I tried to link a specific <Task> in a RSA BPMN2 model to/from UML Use Case element and other CLM element (such as Business Rule element in RRC). However I have no luck to do what I intended.

Does anyone advice me how should I do for this case?

What I did are:

a. try to link from Use Case to Task: Failed
From Use Case, I cannot specify a Task, because Search dialog does not show the Task as result.
 1. Open RSA DM Web UI and navigate to UML Use Case element using Design Explorer
 2. In the detail page of the Use Case element, at Links tab,  "Add: " Trace link
 3. Select the same project area and click "Browse" to select the existing BPMN2 Task element.
 4. In search dialog, input the Task name and do the search
 5. the Task was not found as the search result

b. try to link from BPMN2 Task to Use Case: operation completed, but not got a intended link structure.
From BPMN2 Task, I could link to a Use Case, because I can select the Use Case in the Search dialog.
However, the link is actually created on a BPMN2 <Definition> which have several Tasks.
So when I clicked the link in Use Case, I can only navigate to a whole diagram, not a specific task.

Thanks in advance,

Shuichi Saitoh

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.