It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT report in Design Manager

Luiz Almeida (23016091) | asked Jun 04 '14, 8:09 a.m.
Does anybody already created BIRT report of Design Manager artifacts?
I have a model in DM and I'd like to create a report with entities and their relationships.

Someone can help me?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Lara Ziosi (33811112) | answered Jun 04 '14, 8:41 a.m.
Design Manager does not offer a Data Source that you can use with BIRT.

Instead, it offers a set of REST services that can be used with the Rational Publishing Engine.

There is a very good tutorial available at:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DMReportTutorial

If you have the models in Rational Software Architect, then you can use BIRT reports on them, some examples are here:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/BIRT+Reporting+For+Rational+Tooling/page/Welcome

Thank you and regards, Lara

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jun 04 '14, 12:53 p.m.
Hi Luiz,

Design Manager does not offer a Data Source directly like the Jazz Data Source but the Rational Software Architect Design Manager Client Extension enhance the existing RSA BIRT UML Data Source to allow you to do so.
Once the client extension is installed, the UML Data Source has an additional resource URI option which allows you to browse to Design Manager Repositories as shown in the following screenshot: UML Data source repositories browsing

I hope this will help you.
Regards,
François

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Jun 04 '14, 1:58 p.m.

Francois,
I created a repositoty connection:

But when I try to recover the models, it appears the message "there are not connected repositories".

What am I doing wrong?

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jun 05 '14, 6:32 a.m.

Hi Luiz,

Are you sure your repository connection is a DM connection?

Regards,
François

Luiz Almeida commented Jun 05 '14, 8:05 a.m.

Yes, I am sure.
Thanks a lot for the links...

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jun 05 '14, 8:52 a.m. | edited Jun 05 '14, 8:54 a.m.

Ok... Thanks. I seemed so from your screenshot... In English you see a difference: Repository Connections for the RTC one and Server Connections for DM.
As well, the connection is not enough, you must have selected a server project and one of its workspace or snapshot.

Luiz Almeida commented Jun 11 '14, 1:27 p.m.

Hi Francois,
You're right, I had not create a DM connection. Now that I created, I can not see the model.
My model is showed in DM as follow:

In eclipse, when I try to select a model, only the elements of my model is showed. See it:

So, I can not recover the elements that I whant to put in my report.

I think the problem must be with IDA domain in Design Manager.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.