It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is my default module view blank for ID and Content?

Charise Angderson (1313) | asked Oct 07 '13, 4:29 p.m.
I created a module and added existing artifacts to the module. In the default view of the module (i.e., only two columns ID and Content), none of my artifacts are shown though the artifact at the bottom shows "80 artifacts". If i scroll, I can see a preview of my artifacts but still nothing shows in the main screen. 

When i change the view to a custom view I saved, all my artifacts are shown with the relevant details.

Why is my default module view blank for ID and Content? How do I get ID and Content to show?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Oct 07 '13, 7:21 p.m.

Does this issue only happen to one module? How about creating new artifacts in the module? How about other modules that are created using different methods (e.g. import from Word)?

Charise Angderson commented Oct 08 '13, 10:15 a.m.

Currently it is only happening with one module that I created using "Add existing artifacts". Some of the existing artifacts added were created from "import from Word", but others I've created as new artifacts then added as existing to the module. 

The modules that appear to be showing properly are modules I created with new artifacts.

Accepted answer

permanent link
My-An Nguyen (2963) | answered Oct 09 '13, 8:26 p.m.
What version of RRC are you using?

What if you create a new module and create a new artifact (so not re-using any existing artifacts)?

We had a case on 4.0.2 where the user was adding artifacts, and everything was fine until suddenly there was no content shown anymore. Looking into it further, it was after they added a specific artifact that had some strange inline links. Once we re-created those links, everything was displayed again.

So it may depend on the version you are using and the content. You could contact IBM support for help troubleshooting this particular module.
Charise Angderson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Charise Angderson commented Oct 10 '13, 12:59 p.m.

We are using 4.0.2. Creating a new module with new artifacts appear properly. I think even creating a new module with an existing artifact shows properly as well.

I will try looking for a strange inline links and see if that resolves the problem. Otherwise I might try creating a new module with the existing artifacts. 

Charise Angderson commented Oct 10 '13, 3:35 p.m.

I had created some artifacts by copying and pasting from a Word document that had comments. When it copied the comments over, RRC converted them to links. 

I have removed all of them and now the module default view shows the artifact contents. Thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.