RRDI 2.0.4 using WAS 8.0 installation issue
I installed RRDI 2.0.4 on a VM running Windows Server 2008 R2. The server has WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 8.0. Both RRDI and WAS installed on this server are 32 bit.
WAS installlation location: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer
RRDI installation location: E:\ProgramFiles
I was trying RRDI setup / configuration, on step 4 where I need to validate WAS settings I entered the installation location for WAS. However RRDI setup does not recognize WAS. I opened a PMR with Rational tech support and the tech support thinks it is a known problem when RRDI and WAS are installed on separate hard drives. Tech support suggested uninstalling RRDI and re-installing it in C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\ where WAS is installed.
I wanted to know if anyone else faced this problem. Is this requirement documented, it appears a bug with RRDI ?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
npotti
3 answers
I got the solution for the PMR I had created with tech support. CLM 4.0.1 and WAS 8.0 were installed by a CM administrator who was on my project before I started working here. WAS 8.0 is installed in C:\Prgram Files(x86)\IBM\WebSphere folder and it led me to think it is 32 bit. When I run the connand below to check WAS version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin>versionInfo.bat it result shows the information below indicating it is 64 bit. I had to uninstall RRDI 32 bit and re-install using 64 bit installation file. When I installed 64 bit RRDI in E:\ProgramFiles I was able to move ahead with the WAS configuration.
Installed Product
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name IBM WebSphere Application Server
Version 8.0.0.3
ID BASE
Build Level cf031212.03
Build Date 3/20/12
Package com.ibm.websphere.BASE.v80_8.0.3.20120320_0536
Architecture x86-64 (64 bit)
Installed Features IBM 64-bit SDK for Java, Version 6
EJBDeploy tool for pre-EJB 3.0 modules
Embeddable EJB container
Stand-alone thin clients and resource adapters
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin>versionInfo.bat it result shows the information below indicating it is 64 bit. I had to uninstall RRDI 32 bit and re-install using 64 bit installation file. When I installed 64 bit RRDI in E:\ProgramFiles I was able to move ahead with the WAS configuration.
Installed Product
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name IBM WebSphere Application Server
Version 8.0.0.3
ID BASE
Build Level cf031212.03
Build Date 3/20/12
Package com.ibm.websphere.BASE.v80_8.0.3.20120320_0536
Architecture x86-64 (64 bit)
Installed Features IBM 64-bit SDK for Java, Version 6
EJBDeploy tool for pre-EJB 3.0 modules
Embeddable EJB container
Stand-alone thin clients and resource adapters
Npotti - can you paste the error message and/or attach the rrdi_setup.log for future investigation?