It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI 2.0.4 using WAS 8.0 installation issue

Narayanan Potti (27037279) | asked Oct 03 '13, 9:58 p.m.

I installed RRDI 2.0.4 on a VM running Windows Server 2008 R2. The server has WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 8.0. Both RRDI and WAS installed on this server are 32 bit.

WAS installlation location:  C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer
RRDI installation location: E:\ProgramFiles

I was trying RRDI setup / configuration, on step 4 where I need to validate WAS settings I entered the installation location for WAS. However RRDI setup does not recognize WAS. I opened a PMR with Rational tech support and the tech support thinks it is a known problem when RRDI and WAS are installed on separate hard drives. Tech support suggested uninstalling RRDI and re-installing it in C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\ where WAS is installed.

I wanted to know if anyone else faced this problem. Is this requirement documented, it appears a bug with RRDI ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
npotti

3 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Oct 08 '13, 4:51 a.m.
edited Oct 08 '13, 4:52 a.m.
Hello Npotti,

I would try installing WAS outside of the system folder C:\Program Files (x86) and possibly with no space characters in the PATH (e.g. C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer ).

Best Regards
Francesco

permanent link
Xuan Jiang (37858) | answered Oct 03 '13, 10:14 p.m.
Npotti - can you paste the error message and/or attach the rrdi_setup.log for future investigation?

Comments
Narayanan Potti commented Oct 04 '13, 7:59 a.m.

During RRDI setup it gave error - The WebSphere installation directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer" cannot be found. I tried to use the path C:\Progra~1\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer and got same error. I don't see the option to attach files here. Below are the errors from the setup log:

10/03/2013 17:34:07,560 ERROR com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.CreateWASProfileStepService : CRRRA0063E: An error occurred while validating the WebSphere installation directory and HTTP port: CRRRA2045E: The WebSphere installation directory C:\Progra~1\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer cannot be found..
com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerException: CRRRA2045E: The WebSphere installation directory C:\Progra~1\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer cannot be found.

Xuan Jiang commented Oct 04 '13, 8:12 a.m.

Can you please run versioninfo.bat under your WAS directory like C:\Progra~1\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin and paste the result here?

permanent link
Narayanan Potti (27037279) | answered Oct 08 '13, 5:42 p.m.
I got the solution for the PMR I had created with tech support. CLM 4.0.1 and WAS 8.0 were installed by a CM administrator who was on my project before I started working here. WAS 8.0 is installed in C:\Prgram Files(x86)\IBM\WebSphere folder and it led me to think it is 32 bit.  When I run the connand below to check WAS version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin>versionInfo.bat  it result shows the information below indicating it is 64 bit. I had to uninstall RRDI 32 bit and re-install using 64 bit installation file. When I installed 64 bit RRDI in E:\ProgramFiles I was able to move ahead with the WAS configuration.

Installed Product
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Name                  IBM WebSphere Application Server
Version               8.0.0.3
ID                    BASE
Build Level           cf031212.03
Build Date            3/20/12
Package               com.ibm.websphere.BASE.v80_8.0.3.20120320_0536
Architecture          x86-64 (64 bit)
Installed Features    IBM 64-bit SDK for Java, Version 6
                      EJBDeploy tool for pre-EJB 3.0 modules
                      Embeddable EJB container
                      Stand-alone thin clients and resource adapters

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.