It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM4.0.3_All job fails with lacking 'PREV_REQUEST_HISTORY_ID'

Shinsuke Karibe (323) | asked Nov 04 '13, 1:29 p.m.
Hi,
I'm trying to integrate Insight with CLM, but I'm not successful.
My environment is: CLM 4.0.3 and Insight 1.1.1.2.

I set up the integration following the 'Integrating Rational Insight with an existing CLM' section of Insight help.
After I started executing CLM4.0.3_All job, it ran for several minutes and stopped with failure.
The error message said as follows. Does anybody teach me what's happening and how can I resolve it?

Run context:
JobStream 'RTC4.0.3'
    JobStream 'RTC_ODS4.0.3_DeltaLoad'
        JobStream 'RTC_ODS4.0.3'
            JobStream 'RTC_Workitem4.0.3'
                JobStream 'RTC_WorkitemHistory3.0.1.2'
                    Build 'RTC_WorkitemPreviousHistory3'

[PROGRESS   - 03:10:15] Fact Build 'RTC_WorkitemPreviousHistory3'
[PROGRESS   - 03:10:15] Parsing Reference Definition
[PROGRESS   - 03:10:15] Validating Build Specification

DM-DLV-0070 Delivery 'Fact': the column 'PREV_REQUEST_HISTORY_ID' (delivery element 'PREV_REQUEST_HISTORY_ID') does not exist in the destination table '"RICALM"."REQUEST_HISTORY"'.

DM-BLD-0005 The delivery 'Fact' failed.

[PROGRESS   - 03:10:18] Build 'RTC_WorkitemPreviousHistory3' Failed

Regards,
Shin Karibe

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Nov 07 '13, 5:40 a.m.
Hello Shin,

to change the data source to point to your data warehouse instead of the SAMPLEDW, you need to navigate to
Library > Connections > Rational Data Warehouse in the Data Manager client.
In the connection details tab, change the connection to point to your data warehouse.

Best Regards
Francesco
Shinsuke Karibe selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shinsuke Karibe commented Nov 13 '13, 6:01 a.m.

Hi Francesco,

I checked RIDW and found that
- On the environment where SAMPLEDB database has never created, RIDW data source points to RIDW database.
- On the environment where SAMPLEDB has once created, RIDW data source points to SAMPLEDB database.

I checked several environments with/without SAMPLEDB and experienced above.

Instead of using Data Manager, I used Framework Manager to re-create RIDW data source to point to RIDW database.

Regards,
Shin Karibe

One other answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Nov 05 '13, 4:55 a.m.
Hello Shin,

a possible cause of an error complaining that a column does not exist in a table is that the data warehouse has not been migrated.

If your CLM environment was migrated from a previous version you need to run the repotools -upgradeWarehouse command:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_repotools_upgradewarehouse.html&scope=null
(this command is also included in the jts_upgrade script)

If you used a data warehouse created by Insight you need to add the CLM specific schema data by pointing to the data warehouse during the CLM setup, or by using the repotools -createWarehouse command:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_repotools_createwarehouse.html

Best Regards
Francesco

Comments
Shinsuke Karibe commented Nov 06 '13, 5:42 p.m.

Hello Francesco,

Thank you for the information.
RICALM schema seems to be added to RIDW database.

One thing I noticed is that the job stream uses SAMPLEDW as its imput or output.
I dropped SAMPLEDW and the job stream instantly failed at the very beginning with an error message 'UDA-SQL-0031 Unable to access the "Rational Data Warehouse" database. '

Am I still missing some configuration?
Regards,
Shin Karibe

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.