It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is Publish Data Movement Task failing in Data Manager but no error?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Jun 11 '13, 2:26 a.m.
Hi,

We're using Insight 1.1.1.1 with CLM 4.0.1.  When I try and publish a Data Movement Task I get the JTS logon, then after login it takes me back to the Publish Data Movement Task popup screen with no msg or error. 

I verified the Dispatcher URI for External Applications is set correctly.  In Cognos Config I changed all localhosts to the server name. I checked the Insight logs and JTS logs but no errors are listed.  The jobs run fine through Data Manager and I can run reports fine.

I've been able to get this to work fine on other Insight installations in the past but can't figure out what I did differently this time.

Any ideas what to look at next?

One answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Jun 11 '13, 9:17 a.m.
Do you have HTTPS turned on for Insight?  We've had a lot of trouble in the past with HTTPS and publishing things to the report server... in fact we ended up turning it off because we couldn't get it configured correctly.

Comments
Michael Walker commented Jun 11 '13, 1:52 p.m.

Thanks for the reply Jackie.  I did change all the URLs to HTTP and that still didn't work.   In the past I've had this working with HTTPS on another install, but this one has me stumped.

When I try and publish and select the Job in the popup screen, I do get certificate messages that popup that I accept. One attempt I installed it.  It only appears the first attempt at publishing each time I bring up DM. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.