It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sharing Worklight project with Rational Team Concert 3.0.1 generated errors because some files are not found (for example /android/native/bin and /gen)

Janet Rivas (1112) | asked Sep 10 '13, 4:37 p.m.
retagged Sep 11 '13, 2:28 a.m. by Nhi P Ta (18841018)

I am using Eclipse JEE 4.2.2  and  Rational Team Concert 3.0.1.5 and Worklight Studio 6.0, I create a new Worklight project, which  has an Android Environment   and I would like to share my project in RTC, But when I share it I got errors because some folders are not found (for example  /android/native/bin /gen)
And the bin and gen folder are located in Android project which is created  by Worklight project. The  Error  message is during upload Failed to upload File /.../android/native/gen/.

But technically  theses file are not needed in RTC  repository. The  problem is  that  I cannot ignore /bin and /gen folder because the Worklight project  does not  show them.

So I researched about  this issue and I found  that Eclipse filter some files. In order to delete the filters I followed this instruction Right click in  Worklight project -> properties -> resource -> Resources filters.  And  there was ../bin and ../gen folder  filtered by Eclipse.

And I  found  other issue If I delete resource filter above,  it is set back automatically. So ../bin and .../gen folder did not show in Eclipse project and I am not able to ignore..

The  only  solution is  clean the  project and  then check in it, which is painful because any time I have to clean the  project and RTC should be able to ignore this folders.

Is there  any other way to ignore ../bin and ../gen folders?  or show them in Eclipse project?

Any other  suggestion is  welcome.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.