It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Choose destination component for ClearCase import

Michael Schmidt (401710) | asked May 28 '13, 1:00 p.m.
retagged May 29 '13, 11:00 p.m. by Masabumi koinuma (46115)
Hello together,

my original goal was an import of ClearCase branches into RTC.

For that i did some test imports one month ago.
Because of some trouble at the beginning i have done this several times until it worked as desired.
In the meanwhile the work at ClearCase was continued.
Today i tried an import of the actual branches, because we wanted to begin working with RTC next week.

The import by itself works as designed.
But the importer chooses as destination component for my 4 branches always that one which i have used for the test imports.
I don't want this, because there are about 30 baselines attached to this component and i wanted to start with an clean environment.
Unfortunately there is now way to delete components or baselines.

Is there any possibility to avoid this selection and create a new component?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered May 29 '13, 10:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

The way importer works is that it records the mapping of ClearCase VOBs ( or sub-VOB components if you use it ) with RTC components and use the information when you import other branches in the same VOB. It actually records the mapping of ClearCase elements with RTC files or directories as well.

But you can unlink them by a special command. Then you can rename existing RTC component to indicate it is obsolete and can even move the owner to an obsolete project area or a team area.
The command exists in this directory:
    < ClearCase Synchronizer installation directory>/ccctools/eclipse
You can change the current directory there and run 'ccc clones --remove-links --component <your RTC component> ...'
After this command, you can run the ClearCase importer just like the first time.
Note that once you run this command, you cannnot use existing synchronization streams for importing any more.
Michael Schmidt selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.