It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

cleaning up a lifecycle project

john norris (20733844) | asked Jun 30 '13, 3:25 a.m.

Hi, I created a new lifecycle project which contained ccm and testing projects. I added several components to the stream via eclipse and then imported some eclipse projects. Unfortunately I was in the wrong work item, trying to recover meant that my eclipse projects were unloaded (fortunately I had backed up) and then I could not reload them due to overlapping workspaces problems.

So I wanted to delete everything and start from scratch. I was able to delete the lifecycle project but not the ccm and testing projects. In eclipse I was able to delete the stream but not the components.

Is there a way to do this. Oh for the days of a rmvob ...

Regards,

John

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 01 '13, 7:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 02 '13, 1:09 a.m.
John, you can archive projects. You could just also have created a new stream. You can't delete components, but you can reuse them at a stream. You can delete SCM content in newer versions of RTC: see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_eclipse_delete_file.html

You can also simply share again on top of the data you shared.

PS: If the repo workspace got unloaded, then all checked in work was available on the server, you could probably have loaded the data. I am not sure what overlaps you have that prevents loading. This only happens if you keep one repository workspace loaded while trying to load another one with the same project(s) in a component.

Comments
john norris commented Jul 02 '13, 12:52 a.m.

Hi Ralph, thanks for this. So in summary, once a project is setup then you can not go back to the state before you started unless you restore a backup. That is a shame. By the way, your link above is showing a not found error.

Regards,

John

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 02 '13, 1:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The link tried to include the closing . so I fixed that. You can delete a lot of things individually, but some things you can't yet and there is no "Delete Project and data".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.