It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can't save exports (csv, templates) from CLM web client

Kathryn Fryer (503147) | asked May 10 '13, 10:33 a.m.
I have CLM 4.0 installed on Win2008 server.  I am using the web client on that Win2008 desktop. (This is a demo image.)

I am trying to export project templates from RRC, and CSVs of artifacts from RTC and RQM, to the local desktop, but it keeps failing with message "This file can't be downloaded".   When I request the download, the file has a generated name (example: _QP8GYrl6EeKYk9xCBAncHg?private=*&accept=*&); I have tried leaving it and renaming it, but it fails either way.  It does create a "partial file" with a size of 0.    I have ensured that the user group "everyone" has full control and write access to the download directory.

Since it is happening with all of the CLM apps, I suspect something in the configuration (or my desktop).  Any suggestions?  
Thanks
Kathryn

Accepted answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered May 10 '13, 10:47 a.m.
Hi Kathryn, try the same with a different browser and post your findings. You can check the systems requirements page which lists the supported browsers.
Kathryn Fryer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kathryn Fryer commented May 10 '13, 2:31 p.m.

Thank you, I think you have the ticket.  I successfully downloaded the RRC template and RQM csv file w/ FF 10.0.x.  However, the failure occurred w/ IE 9.0.15, which is listed as supported on the System Requirements page.

Thanks for sorting me out, now I have a way forward!
K.

Indradri Basu commented May 10 '13, 2:43 p.m.

Some settings in IE is causing this. Optionally, you can try clearing off the browser cache or reset-ing the browser from Internet options -> Advance tab (but make a note of your security and privacy settings)  to see if this brings it back on track or reinstall might be another option.
But glad to know it helped

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.