It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRRRA0003I received during configuration of App Server port during RRDI setup

Silvia Mesturino (1162429) | asked Jun 18 '13, 9:53 a.m.
retagged Jun 28 '13, 6:41 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
I have installed WAS 8.5 on Windows 8: I am running set up step 4 of RRDI 10.0.1. I have Internet Explorer running and still the step does not complete: any idea ? I am leaving port 9080 as default and WAS is not started.

3 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jun 18 '13, 10:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Silvia,

Are you getting any error?  I would suggest checking the setup server logs under <RRDI_Install>\setup\logs as well as the WAS logs during the time of the failure.  If that does not reveal the root cause, we can turn up the logging for the setup server to TRACE by modifying the log4j.properties file in the <RRDI_Install>\setup\logs folder, restarting the setup server and running the setup wizard again.  Feel free to post the errors here once you've done that and we will have a look.  Hope it helps,

Comments
Silvia Mesturino commented Jun 28 '13, 5:16 a.m.

Hi Benjamin, sorry for the delay. I took the lines I thought would be significant in the RRDI\setup\logs\rrdi_setup.log and put in a separate file that I attach here. Well this does not seem possible, I will mail the log to your email adress.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jun 28 '13, 1:52 p.m.
I don't see much in the logs other than the port was already in use during a previous install attempt.  But I also see you're attempting the configuration on two unsupported platforms (Windows 8 and WAS 8.5).  I would highly recommend installing on a supported platform, as it is likely the root of your issue.  See "System Requirements for the Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management" for more details on platform support.  Hope it helps!

Comments
Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 04 '13, 3:59 a.m.

Benjamin, I deinstalled WAS 8.5 and installed WAS 8.0.0. Now I restarted the setup wizard (JTS running), and I go to the browser and enter the https://hostname:10443/setup/rrdi I always see a log comment saying 'already registered' but the setup does not continue (actually I would be on step 4). How can I continue the wizard after I stopped it once ?

Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 04 '13, 10:28 a.m.

I Now I am back to step 4 and I still get CRRRA0003I: No application server is found. The WAS server1 (default) is started as a service, here from the rrdi_setup.log
07/04/2013 16:17:39,406 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ApplicationServerService : CRRRA0003I: No application server is found.
07/04/2013 16:18:57,954 ERROR com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.CreateWASProfileStepService : java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:402)
    at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:328)
    at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:194)
    at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:106)
    at com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.CreateWASProfileStepService.validatePort(CreateWASProfileStepService.java:169)
    at rvlet.java:176)  ... just a piece

Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 05 '13, 9:11 a.m.

Coudl it be that the mjor problem is the path where the installation resides ? C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer8. The operating system is windows server 8 and not windows 8. the default server server1 is started (as a service): how can it be that it is not found ? What is it looking for ? I left the port as default. I tried with the check sign on the profile and without, I have no more idea.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jul 08 '13, 9:43 a.m.
Hi Silvia,

It sounds like you are selecting the option to create a new profile but specifying a port that is already in use.  When you run the setup, you have the option to use an existing profile or create a new one.  If you want to use the profile you already have started, you should select "Use an existing profile" in the setup wizard and click "Retrieve" and select your profile from the list.  Otherwise, create a new profile but do not use a port that is already in use (ie - choose something like 9082, 9083, etc...).  Hope it helps,

Comments
Silvia Mesturino commented Jul 18 '13, 8:34 a.m.

Benjamin, I came to the conclusion that the error is that I have WAS 32 bit installed but the RRDI version I used is 64 bit. I interpreted the 'please use' statement in the wrong way, now think, I cannot mix up the 2 and since there is no WAS 64 bit for Windows 2008 I will restart my installation on Linux and keep everything 64 bit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.